Just thought I share about this, just in case somebody from another part of the planet happens to experience it.
I was aware of Forza Motorsport 3’s 2-disc content – one for play and the other with additional optional content.
Being someone who doesn’t have to worry about space in my Xbox360 hard drive (which I still have about 50GB left), I proceeded to install the contents of both discs into the hard drive without running the Play disc first. The first disc (Play disc) contains about 6GB of content, while the second disc (Add-on Disc) has 1.9GB of content.
When I ran the first disc, it triggered the usual procedure of asking whether I want to install the second disc (even though I already did). So I said ‘yes’ and followed the instructions of ‘removing the first disc from the tray and inserting the second disc). Within a few seconds, it ‘sort of’ recognised the contents and immeidately prompted for the first disc to be replaced into the tray. If you encounter this, please note that this is not the correct sequence. After placing the first disc back into the tray, the game will take an awfully long time to load (which is what I’ve encountered a few times).
The above method is a way of installing a game to the hard drive through the Xbox360 dashboard. While this works fine for many games, Forza3’s double disc installation requires a specific way. See my steps below:
The correct way is you should never install the contents of both discs in the first place. If you had done so (like me), go to Memory blade and remove the installed contents of both discs, including any saved files of Forza3.
This is how it should be done.
1) You should not install any Forza3 contents into your hard drive.
2) Load the first disc (Play disc) into the disc tray and run it
3) The game will load and asks you whether you wish to install the add-on content (second disc)
4) Choose yes, and follow the on-screen instruction of removing disc 1 and replacing it with disc 2
5) A new screen will appear showing you the progress of installing 1.9GB of content (it’s pretty fast)
(Remember to press the ‘A’ button to start the installation)
6) When it’s done, the game will prompt you to remove disc 2 and enter disc 1 back into the tray
7) This will trigger a few seconds of loading icon, and then the game is ready for you to play (too fast for me to get a capture on camera)
8) The game will then ask you about your experience with racing games.
Select one that suits you and the game will run after this.