Xbox 360 announces 3x the storage space at no extra charge in Singapore
The new 60GB Xbox 360 lets you do more and get more of your favorite
game content, demos and downloadable content
SINGAPORE, JULY 30, 2008 — Microsoft Corp. is bringing more gigabytes to Asian customers for their buck with the announcement of three times the storage space of regular 20GB Xbox 360 consoles but for the same estimated retail price (ERP) of S$499.
Starting on August 13, the upgraded Xbox 360 will be available in retail stores in Singapore, Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Under the hood will be a 60GB hard drive for storing the growing wealth of digital entertainment available for the console, including over 130 Xbox LIVE Arcade games, Xbox Original titles, game content like maps, new weapons and others that extend a game beyond what’s available in the box, trailers, free demos and much more.
In addition, Microsoft will offer the 20GB console in a bundle containing the blockbuster hit “Gears of War” and an Xbox 360 controller for consumers at the original price.
“We know consumers need more and more space to store the amazing digital content Xbox 360 offers, and we’re giving it to them at no extra charge,” said Alan Bowman, General Manager, Entertainment & Devices Division, Asia Pacific and Greater China, Microsoft. “No one device offers the depth and breadth of entertainment that Xbox 360 can deliver, and now you’ll have three times the storage to manage all that great content.”
Xbox 360 with the 60 GB hard drive is one of three console systems offered by Microsoft. Microsoft’s Xbox 360 Arcade, which comes with a 256MB memory unit and five Xbox LIVE Arcade games, is great value for the whole family and the premium Xbox 360 Elite console is available with a 120GB hard drive.
Out of the box, the Xbox 360 console is ready to provide an incredible gaming and entertainment experience:
- Xbox 360 console. The console comes in a cool white finish and with three powerful core processors capable of producing the best in high definition (HD) entertainment (up to 1080p for gaming), 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound, and high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) output.
- 60 GB Hard Drive. The 60GB detachable hard drive allows gamers to save their games and store movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the premier one-stop digital download center for entertainment.
- Upscaling DVD Player. With an HDMI cable (sold separately), watch your favorite DVDs in near high-definition using the upscaling capabilities of Xbox 360.
- Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of up to 30 hours on two AA batteries.
- Xbox 360 Headset. The headset lets friends and family around the world chat while playing games, watching movies, or sending voice messages on Xbox LIVE.
- Xbox LIVE Silver Membership. For no additional cost, Xbox 360 owners can chat with friends online, collect Achievements to improve their Gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos. They can also purchase the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade. (Broadband Internet access required.)
- One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold. An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Anyone subscribing to this premium service can take part in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor their matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, and chat with an entire group of friends at a time.